Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The First 800

SO my journey has started across the country and I will be in the real world sooner then I really want to. I haven’t been all that excited about my California trip because, as we all know, I have been struggling with anatomy and had my bad grade lingering over my head. Well I received and email from my professor after doing a retake exam that yes, indeed, I have passed the class and graduation will be happening in September! Now this has had me so excited for California!! But I few things made me not so excited.. leaving Cincinnati.. I never thought I would be so attached to cincinnati but I guess I was. Saturday was a sad night because I had to say bye to some of my loves and best friends.. but I know we will all be reunited soon J

The First 800 miles have been completed!!

Well 800 miles doesn’t seem as long as it sounds. That could be due to the fact I slept the majority of the way, to our first stop in this journey: Springfield Missouri. This isn’t the first trip I have gone alone on with my grandpa so I know all of the querky things he does such as (talk to himself a lot ).. we went on a trip back in 5th grade just my papa and I and he did a lot of this—I’m afraid that hasn’t changed… but my papa and I pulled out of his driveway at 6:23 am and arrived in Springfield around 6:30 pm… along the way we gained an hour in Illinois so we didn’t exactly make it in 12 but technically in 13. We drove through some not so interesting parts of the Midwest… Columbus, Indianapolis, St. Louis and now Springfield… tomorrow will definitely be more exciting because we are stopping in Arizona. About two hours away from springfield we decided to take a break and found a national park in Sullivan, Missouri and we took a hike. The hike was a love 1 1/3 mile loop through the woods of Meramac State Park. I guess it was nice.. there were caves along the trail that were blowing out cool air about 60 degrees, which was pretty awesome! But it was soo hot and humid and by the end of it I was covered in spider webs and had to sit in the car for another two hours before showering. The only other hilarious thing I spotted along the way was a gas station called “Kum N Go”. We finally arrived in Springfield around 6:30, checked in, showered and went to my papa’s favorite dinner spot Outback. Well besides the arch, the walk in the state park and that gas station ,things were uneventful. I’m hoping tomorrow will be filled with more exciting things.. we will be traveling through Oklahoma, Texas and finishing in Albuquerque (another 800 mile journey)…

And My bike is strapped to the car roof and is making an obnoxious sound like the vuvuzelas during a 90 minute soccer game. You think those are bad but how about for 12 hours..

No comments:

Post a Comment